Stephen Ministry is a Christ-centered ministry of care-giving to adult members of our congregation and our community by lay persons in our congregation. Stephen Ministers (“care givers”) complete a 50-hour course taught by Stephen Leaders before they are paired with an individual (“care receiver”) who is experiencing a life crisis or going through a difficult time. All of the care giving is one-on-one, confidential, and with a person of the same gender.
Stephen Ministers are trained to…
- Listen with an open mind and heart
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Make a referral to an appropriate professional when needed
- Care, not cure…only GOD cures!
Stephen Ministers can be there for you or a loved one when you are…
- Facing a serious illness
- Grieving the loss of a loved one
- Having difficulties with a relationship
- Going through a spiritual crisis
- Feeling lonely or depressed
- Dealing with a time of transition in your life
- Caring for someone who is ill or elderly
- Making an important life-changing decision
To arrange to have a Stephen Minister…
Contact the church office at 843-8041 to speak to one of the pastors or call Nancy Rexrode, the Stephen Leader who coordinates the matches between caregivers and receivers.